Storm Notice Information
Winter 2023- 2024
Jacksonville Baptist Church
We live in Canada. Winter storms can be expected about 9 months of the year. Enough said! Here is what happens at JUBC when those storms hit on the weekend.
1. Sunday Morning Groups (9:30 am - When Applicable) - since it is earlier in the morning, and often we are still sorting out what the next few hours will bring, Sunday Morning Groups may be cancelled. This includes - Kids Connect, Sunday Morning Breakfast, and Adult Small Groups.
2. Worship Service- normally, even with a lot of snow, the doors will be open for worship for 10:30am as usual. It is hard to know “how much snow is enough snow” to cancel. Everybody has their own personal threshold. So we leave it up to you. In even the heaviest snow, when many other churches were cancelled, we have people who choose to venture out, and many people chose to stay at home. So you choose.
3. What if I am serving that morning? Your only factor in deciding to attend or not is your safety and comfort level in travelling in those conditions. Several times we have adjusted our service in a storm to reflect the fact that Worship Team Members, or Nursery Workers, etc. did not make it. That has never been a problem. It has always worked out one way or the other. Everybody who heads out in a storm shows lots of grace if we don’t have our usual level of ministry/ support services.
4. Freezing Rain- this is a different animal, creating driving and walking hazards unlike with even a lot of snow.
5. How do I know for sure? Whenever weather is questionable, notices for Sunday Morning Groups (When Applicable) will be posted by 8:15am; and for worship by 9:00am (if not also posted at 8:15). These notices will make clear the plans for the morning. These notices will be communicated by:
Posting on our JUBC FaceBook group and page sites.
and sent out by text message for those that have signed up for these alerts by texting the word JUBC to 506 503 5922.
Help each other- if you do not have internet, call someone who does to find out what’s up. If you do, call someone who doesn’t have it, and let them know.
Questions may be directed to Pastor Stephen or to an elder.